Saturday, June 19, 2010

my boy


I took the kids to the playground at the grade school that my son attends during the regular school year. It's located on the campus of Northwest Missouri State University, where my husband works. The baby was asleep the whole time so I got to spend some time with my son and daughter without having to hold her at the same time. There are two different playgrounds. The one that is fenced is for the little kids and the other one is for the older kids. So my son was excited to try out the big kids' playground. He talked me into going down the slide with him.
I tried to do the parallel bars at the big kids' playground that is next to the university's student fitness center. I was soon reminded how out of shape I am. My son tried giving me technical advice by telling me to tuck my head like the guy on the illustration.
In the background you can see my son's school on the right, college dorms on the left and the little kids' playground in the middle.
While we were at the little kids' playground, we saw some high school football players practicing at the football stadium. I think they were here for football camp. If you look closely at the photo you can almost make out the guys on the field. I usually take the kids to this playground when we go to home football games. This way the kids can play and I can still keep track of the game.

No comments: