Monday, July 8, 2013

Anthro-ish TJ Maxx finds

I've finally admitted to myself that I cannot afford to dress as well as I'd like when I have three growing kiddos who need to be fed every day and must also be clothed in adorable outfits. I have been working for about a year now after staying home with my kids for seven years. I'm still slowly building up my wardrobe. I went to TJ Maxx and found some great pieces that reminded me of some Anthropologie pieces, but at a fraction of the cost.

 Cynthia Rowley dress from TJ Maxx / Franco Sarto strappy heels / sterling silver hoop earrings from TJ Maxx
Photos copyright Darren Whitley
 I've always been able to wear bright prints, so this Cynthia Rowley dress immediately caught my eye at TJ Maxx (worn with Franco Sarto strappy sandals from TJ Maxx, also available here). I don't know if you can tell, but it has a photo-realistic print of tree trunks around the center. Now that I think of it, the whole thing is a Twilight-ish forest print. It reminded me of some of the landscape and photo-realistic dresses and skirts I saw last year at Anthropologie (similar to this landscape dress by another fashion blogger).


Cynthia Rowley dress from TJ Maxx / Franco Sarto strappy heels / sterling silver hoop earrings from TJ Maxx



I've been wanting to find a peplum top, but didn't think my waist was tiny enough to pull it off. Since I love stripes and black, I thought I might be able to pull this one off. When my husband saw it on me, he insisted I must have it. I wore it with a skirt from Ann Taylor that I bought last month along with the matching suit jacket.


 
Old Navy black t-shirt / Cynthia Rowley polka dot shorts from TJ Maxx / Dansko Susie sandals / Invicta watch (blogged here)
I feel like I'm getting to an age where I really shouldn't wear shorts. Or maybe that's what I tell myself because I have such a hard time finding any that fit me well, except for the Nike dry-fit shorts I wear to work out. I was really surprised by this find because the print and fabric reminded me so much of the Anthropologie Polka-Dotted Mini Dress I bought last year and ended up returning (blogged here). 


Old Navy black t-shirt / Cynthia Rowley polka dot shorts from TJ Maxx / Dansko Susie sandals / Invicta watch (blogged here)

No comments: