Sunday, August 5, 2012

Anthropologie new fall arrivals - fitting room reviews

First, I need to give a shout out to the ladies at MAC who did my makeup prior to these photos. I normally look a mess in these photos, but while I was uploading these photos, I thought I looked better than my usual disheveled mom look. The MAC store is only about two blocks from Anthro at The Plaza shopping district in Kansas City. I went there first to buy makeup for the new job I start on Monday and then my hubs and I walked over to Anthro to return this dress. It was so nice to shop without the monkeys this time. Since we have to drive 1 1/2 hrs. to shop in Kansas City, we always bring the whole family. But this time my mom is here visiting and she stayed home with them while the hubs and I got a late anniversary day out without the kiddos.

I need to also give props to the Sales Attendants (SA) at Anthropologie. These people really know customer service. From the moment I walked in they treated me like a VIP. I had only gathered a couple of items before someone offered me a dressing room and then when I got there the SA had found a couple of other items that matched what I had already picked out.




Imprecise Graph Skirt and Looped Buds Cardigan. My hubby wanted me to try on this skirt because he said I look good in skirts. I was hesitant because I thought it would make me look too full on bottom. Surprisingly, it looked good on me. I don't know if I will buy it because the sizes are numbers, rather than generic Small, Medium or Large. There's not a lot of room in this skirt for losing or gaining weight and I'm still working on losing more. I would get it if I were at my target weight. Due to it's asymmetry, this seems to be one of those skirts that you either love or hate...I love it!

The SA had left this cardigan in the dressing room for me to try when he put the clothes that I had picked out myself. I'm not sure if he meant for this to go with this skirt, but I thought this would be a great way to try out this fall's new print-mixing trend. For more info about how to print mix, you can check out super-Anthro-expert Roxy's blog.


Zoomed Lubok Mini skirt (wearing my own shirt). The hubs also picked out this skirt while we were browsing through the store.  It looks ok, but at $98, it's just not a "wow" item for me. It looks like something I could've picked up at TJ Maxx for $16 (like I did the other day). Cute but not worth the price, even when it goes down to 50% off.


Peplum Ponte Tank and Workwear Trousers (?). As you can see by the look on my face, I'm not too sure about the Peplum-style top on me. I know that Kim Kardashian has recently made this an uber-trendy style and I love the way it looks on the super curvatious, fashion blogger Girl With Curves. The SA had left this top and pants for me to try, no idea if he wanted them to go together. The pants were probably a size too big. I really love the rugged fabric and rusty color, but again, due to my weight loss plan, I wasn't interested in them right now.



Ruffled Flight Cardigan. I'm obsessed with this cardigan. The birds remind me of the folk art I used to see growing up in Mexico. I also love blue. I love this sweater so much that if I actually had any money left in my bank account, I might consider buying it at full price (*gulp* did I just say that?). The sleeves are crazy long, but I'm willing to overlook that flaw. It's a thick sweater, but felt generally comfy. This back view isn't the most flattering on me...whatever...I don't have to see that part of me anyway.

I tried on more items and will be posting those later. I also came home with a couple of sale items that I also need to post.





4 comments:

Economy of Style said...

I, too, have found the customer service in Anthro amazing!

That precise graph skirt looks stunning! BTW, did you see all the new markdowns today? Wow!

Azalea said...

I kinda glanced at Anthro's new MDs but honestly, after my mini clothing and makeup haul from last weekend, I'm broke as a joke! I 've had to spend a ton of money to dress for my new office job after staying home with my kids for 7 years!

Denise said...

Thanks for the reviews. I follow Roxy's blog too. Love the Imprecise Graph Skirt and the Peplum top on you. I've seen this top in a few photo reviews and it always looks good. I'm going to have to give that one a try.

Azalea said...

Thanks, Denise! Honestly if the SA hadn't left that Peplum top in there for me to try I don't know if I would have. The only thing that worries me is that I think I'm between sizes. This large was a bit roomy at the bust, but I was afraid to try on med because it has no zippers or anything. It's just stretchy fabric.