Sunday, June 24, 2012

Anthropologie, Express and Nebraska Furniture Mart

The kids and I went back to Kansas City on Saturday to go to the art museum and for some returns and shopping. I got some more basic clothes to build up my pathetic "stay-at-home-mom wardrobe." We went to The Plaza and hit up Anthropologie first.
 These outfits aren't really my style, but I know that others always enjoy seeing "inspiration outfits" from Anthro.


 We saw these really cool cacti all over the home section at Anthro that appear to be made of canvas. I think I might rip off the design to make some for my own home.


 I wanted to try on the Scalloped Stripes Dress, Anthropologie, again to see if I needed Medium or Large since I'm watching for this to go on sale. It doesn't have any buttons or zipper. I couldn't even get the Medium on. This is Large and fits me really well. I got the tops in the background, which were both on sale, but I didn't photograph them because the kids were starting to act really crazy.


 We walked over to Express after Antro and enjoyed an amazing reggae band that was playing outside in the blazing heat. Despite that, there were a lot of people who had stopped to enjoy the music.  I tried on the Ruffled Raglan Sleeve Pleated Chiffon Blouse in size Medium. It's see-thru so you have to wear a black cami underneath. It's $50 full-price so I would only get it if it was on sale.


 The Scarf Print Banded Bottom Dolman Sleeve Blouse, Express, is the same idea, but with a slightly different cut. Also, see-thru-ish so it requires a layer underneath. Both $50 and size Medium...will wait for a sale.


 The main reason we went to Express was that I wanted to try on the Ruffle Front Elastic Waist Dress, which is on sale now for $47.94. This is a very forgiving dress due to the elastic waist and flowy fabric. But since I have put on stress weight around my middle area since having children, I hated the way I looked...so boxy. My son told me I looked beautiful in it and I should get it. I guess I'm my own worst critic. I didn't get it, but it's still available online in my size if I change my mind.


Lastly, I dragged the kiddos across town to do some returns at The Legends shopping area from my previous shopping trip a couple of weeks ago. But, first we stopped at Nebraska Furniture Mart because I wanted to put some L-shaped, sectional sofas on my mental wish list and get an idea how much we'd have to save up, since we like to pay upfront for furniture and appliances so we don't owe anything on them. When we were heading out, I saw this swanky leather version of the other L-shaped sectionals I liked. It's from the Roxy collection by Lane.  I really liked that it's made by Lane because they make their furniture here in the USA and it makes me feel good to support American manufacturing. I don't know if I can talk my husband into this set because he has something against leather furniture. He claims he gets stuck to it or something. I think it would be ideal for the kids since we could easily wipe up any messes they make. I would not get the huge ottoman shown because our house is small and we need the extra walking space.

No comments: