Sunday, September 12, 2010

handmade undies



After reading my previous blog post, a friend of mine suggested I make my daughter some underwear. She sent me a link to this pattern from Etsy. They were surprisingly easy to make. The only major problem I really had was the struggle with my Pfaff serger. That's a fancy sewing machine that creates professional looking edges on clothing. I've had it a couple of years, but I'm still not completely familiar with it because I haven't used it much. When I first got it, I told my German friend about it because it's a German machine. I explained that I was having problems using it and she told me that her German mom claims that you have to speak nicely to machines and appliances in order to get them to work properly. I tried my best to speak to it in the little bit of German that I know. And in the end, it turns out that you just have to be really patient with it.

The undies I made fit my daughter like a glove. I have plenty of fabric to make more. But I didn't want to use the cute fabric until I made one or two practice undies.

No comments: