Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Easter dress

The other day we stopped at Target and as usual, I wanted to browse and see what they had in the toddler girl's section. I immediately fell in love with this dress and knew I had to buy it for my daughter, even though she needs a new dress like I need a hole in my head. Something about it felt oddly familiar. Maybe it was the cotton fabric, or the bold color combination. I also picked up a few others from the Liberty of London line and carried them around the store to think about which one(s) I wanted to buy. When I found my husband and son in the electronics section and showed my husband this dress, he said, "it looks very Mexican." I never know if that's a compliment or not, but I agreed. It took me back to when I was a little girl living in Mexico and I'd go to el centro (downtown) with my mom on Saturdays and see street vendors selling anything from spices and pinatas to pirated Michael Jackson cassette tapes. As we headed toward the checkout line, I ended up putting all the other dresses back and just bought this one. I can't wait for my daughter to wear it on Easter, along with her new pink shoes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That dress is beautiful! (I'd totally wear an adult version of it!) Can't wait to see pics of her - I'm sure she'll be just darling.