Sunday, October 30, 2011

enchiladas




Azalea's homemade enchiladas

$12 tray of four large chicken enchiladas
$10 tray of four large beef enchiladas
$20 tray of eight large chicken enchiladas
$18 tray of eight large beef enchiladas
(all prices include sales tax)

I've been making these enchiladas for years the same way my grandmother, mom and aunts made it back in Mexico. I only use quality ingredients. I make my own sauce from scratch, starting from dry Mexican chili pods. As a little girl, I remember sitting in my grandmother's kitchen watching her make this very same sauce. I'm so excited to be sharing my family tradition with you.

Chicken enchilada ingredients: Large flour tortilla filled with seasoned chicken, sauteed onions, Colby/jack cheese and enchilada sauce, topped with enchilada sauce and cheese. 

Beef enchilada ingredients: Large flour tortilla filled with seasoned ground beef (the good stuff, not the weird stuff in mystery packaging), Colby/jack cheese and enchilada sauce, topped with enchilada sauce and cheese. 

Instructions: Heat in oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or place in microwave-safe plate and microwave individually for 1-2 minutes.

All food is prepared in my home kitchen, not subject to inspection by the Department of Health and Senior Services, in compliance with Missouri Food Code. 




No comments: