Wednesday, June 8, 2011

June de-cluttering

  by azalea_
, a photo by azalea_ on Flickr.

I've decided to work on de-cluttering my home again. I need to lose weight and want to make make better food choices so I thought de-cluttering would keep my mind occupied and off Oreo cookies.

This morning, during the other kids' nap time, the baby and I went through my underwear drawer and my socks/swimsuits/nightgown drawer. Everything was jumbled up and I'd just shove the clean items as I washed them and then dug around for them when I needed them. Since it was such a mess, I assumed I had to get rid of a lot of things that didn't fit anymore. My body has changed quite a bit over the past five years because I've had 3 kids. I've weighed between 135 lbs (not pregnant) and 185 (pregnant). But since I had already de-cluttered these two areas just last year, I mostly had to organize and I only got rid of a few camisoles and other items that I haven't worn in years. It was interesting to see all the different sized bras I have. I decided to keep them since they might fit again when I get back to my ideal weight.

Another milestone that motivated me to de-clutter this area is that my 13-mo.-old has weaned from nursing this week. I didn't anticipate it happening so soon since my other two self-weaned at 18- and 22-mos.-old. I think that being able to wear cute bras again instead of boring nursing bras is just the right motivation I needed for weight loss and de-cluttering.

No comments: