Saturday, July 10, 2010

milestone


Last night we hit a huge milestone with the baby. I needed to clean up the kitchen after dinner and I brought the bouncy chair out of the bathroom into the kitchen. She normally naps in the bathroom with the ventilation fan on to block her older brother and sister's constant noise. But this time she gladly stayed awake in her chair, watching me as I took about 15 minutes to quickly clean up. I usually clean while my husband holds her, or I have to wait until she takes a nap. He hates cleaning up the kitchen, so I usually just do it myself.

The baby is so aware of things now and is able to entertain herself by the things she sees and hears. Maybe now I will have my hands free more often and will be able to keep the house cleaner. The counter top gets cluttered with dirty items that cannot go into the dishwasher. It's much less stressful to enter an uncluttered kitchen to prepare a meal or snack. And now my newly-bought aloe vera plant is in clear view and ready to treat any accidental burns.

No comments: