Thursday, July 1, 2010

Riverside Cafe


We went to Wichita, Kansas last weekend for my husband's cousin's wedding. My husband was born and raised in Wichita and I lived in western Kansas from the time I came to the US when I was 9 until I was in my mid-20s. I feel completely at home in Kansas and wouldn't mind moving back. I thought I'd take photos of the wedding events to blog, but I was so hot and sweaty the whole weekend I didn't even take very many photos. Plus, I was usually holding my 2-mo.-old baby. But I did remember to take a few photos when we went to Riverside Cafe for brunch. It has become a tradition for us to eat there every time we go to Wichita to visit my husband's family. Since this time it was just us we sat in a booth and discovered that it had a working table top jukebox! Someone started playing Beatles song and then I almost cried when they played "Chapel of Love" because we were going to the wedding after our brunch and it reminded me of when I was a young bride.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gracias por la foto, por los recuerdos. A mi me encanta ese cafe! La comida esta bien rica tambien.