Tuesday, January 6, 2009

LeCreuset vs. Staub


LeCreuset vs. Staub
Originally uploaded by azalea_
I ordered two enameled cast iron pots from Amazon.com so that I could compare the two and send one back.Originally I just wanted the Le Creuset but when we were in the city for Christmas we saw the Staubs so when we returned home I furthered researched them online. I ordered both pots because I didn't see any in blue when we where shopping and I wanted to compare them in real life. As far as quality, I think they're practically identical. I thought the lid on the Le Creuset fit slightly better. But I love the rustic look of the Staub. In the end, my husband and I both decided to keep the Le Creuset because well, it's a Le Creuset. I just checked on Amazon and I see that the price has dropped on the Staub from $200 to $157 whereas the Le Creuset is still $220. I'd recommend the Staub to anyone as a cheaper alternative to Le Creuset.

No comments: